Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt



Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Looking to others for inspiration and a long-forgotten toy for energy

So, I'm reading and writing a lot more than I have been in a while, and I like it. Reading what well-known and well-established writers have to say about writing is a great help, and quite the motivator to improve. Since I started my plan to avoid wasting time, I've wasted very little of it and found ways to make the most of my time away from productivity.

I've been limiting my time watching TV and movies to one hour of TV, and one movie if the mood strikes. Of course, these among other rules are only in place during "business hours", which end at around dinnertime. After dinner, I still find myself writing or reading, but I'm more lenient and let myself get carried away with the time-wasting stuff.

Also, during business hours, I've been trying a new, less committing workout to rev my energy up and burn extra calories in the process... jumping rope. WHOA what a rush! I did an interval workout for 10 minutes the other day and was sweating buckets by the seventh minute. It's no toy, that jump rope. It was when I was a tyke, but no more. It is now a quick exercise/torture device to suck all the sweat possible from my body. I like it!

Other than that, things are going great for me, and I was finally able to get rid of the misleading "Read More!" link at the end of each post on this blog. I don't know how I fixed it, but it had something to do with me and HTML... scary.

No comments: