Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt



Friday, January 18, 2008

Career and fitness matters

And it is that time again... I have been featured on Intrepid Media. My piece will be featured through Friday, and it covers the topic of socializing (or I should say re-socializing) through the Internet. I've written about Facebook before, back when I was still enjoying the rush of adding new friends and finding long-lost ones, and though this talks a lot about Facebook, the focus is different. I'm mostly talking about how time and distance aren't the only things keeping certain friendships from being what we thought they might've been had distance and time not been obstacles. Give it a read, if you have the time.


On another note... though I have been working out for years now, and though I purchased a stability/Swiss ball back in 2005, I never really knew how to use it effectively. Most of the time I just let it roll around and would stretch on it to combat boredom and lazy days. After a while I deflated the huge thing and put it away, focusing on other, more "serious" workouts. That was until I learned new exercises that can be performed on the ball, that cover every part of the body, always engaging the core and are super fun to do. I know I sound like an infomercial, but the stability ball and I are like peas and carrots nowadays. I look forward to exercising with the ball at least three times a week, and feel so awesome I feel the need to share this tidbit with people. Try the ball if you're looking for something different that is totally challenging and has too many benefits for a non-expert like myself to list.

No comments: