Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt



Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Working on "The Mexico Chronicles"

I am working really hard on getting all my experiences in Mexico written out, and it's my project for now. I've created a separate blog, which I've titled The Mexico Chronicles.

It's kind of bare right now, but it's coming along. It's gonna be a slow work in the making, because I have A LOT of information and details I'm trying to organize in a logical manner. I figure that if I write everything chronologically, it can be pretty boring, so I've decided to clump topics together, regardless of chronological order.

For instance, the language barrier and the instances where language was an issue will all be clumped in one piece, regardless of when it occured. There will be some chronological order to some things that need to be that way, but for the most part, I think it would just be more interesting to do it with topics, rather than in order. Again, I'm still working on it, and perhaps I'll change my mind along the way, but that's the plan for now.

In the meantime, I have to load all the pictures from the trip on to flickr.com, which is kind of annoying, because I have most of them already loaded on Snapfish.com, but for some reason Snapfish.com doesn't offer links to albums. I also made a few videos during the trip, and will be posting those, but I of course have to upload those to YouTube first.

I'm trying not to overwhelm myself, so I'm taking my time with the pictures and videos, yet busting out the writing as much and as quickly as possible, so as not to lose steam that bumps up the quality of my writing. The voice recorder was meant to keep me from forgetting the details, but steam is what makes the writing good.

I have a piece related to the Mexico trip in the gallery at IntrepidMedia.com. Take a look at it!

No comments: