Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt



Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Braveheart Costume, part deux

As a continuation of my last post, I now have pictures, thanks to a computer savvy co-worker of my sister's. And here goes:

112_1255
I am most proud of the sword. Not the greatest, but my sister said her co-workers thought it was very creative and they gave it an honorable mention. I feel I should remind you that I made it out of foam and spraypaint. You can't really see the detail of the handle, but you get the picture.

112_1260
A group picture. If I had to choose anyone other than my sister, I'd pick the Native American costume, as it was cute and well-done with that adorable wig.

112_1256
The face off. The winner of the contest is the other woman in the picture. My sister says that everybody loved her sword, because it was made out of wood. Supposedly she was a gladiator, but last time I checked, gladiators didn't use pirate swords, nor did they wear chokers... and Romans weren't big on pants, either. They were more into skirts in battle. But what do I know? I just minored in history in college and spent an entire semester learning about the Roman Empire! Cast your votes, folks! I vote for the woman on the left! (your left!)

112_1254
So, they may have taken the prize away from us. But they'll never take away our FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

PS Once the camera returns from Mexico, I will take more detailed pictures of the costume and its components.

No comments: