Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt



Friday, June 27, 2008

Today, on the Reem show...

For those of you who are aware of my mini Facebook boycott, which I blogged about recently, I'm happy to report that I made it to a week totally Facebook-free! YEY! I signed on for the first time this morning and I'm happy to report that I spent very little time on there, and then jumped right back into the routine I had made up for myself this past week.

My routine since forever has been to get up, have breakfast, and then get on the computer to check email, and do everything else I do to waste my time when I'm not writing or doing anything else I deem productive. Much of the same routine is still in place, except it's a little more organized, and been whittled down to mostly productive, and only a little time-wasting.

It took a lot of wading through links I'd saved as my favorites without rhyme or reason years ago to get the job done, but I finally have a very organized favorites list I just need to click the way down in order to follow it daily to a "T". I now have my writing blogs organized in one folder, my freelance job boards in another, and so on and so forth-- you get the idea. I spend so much time going through that stuff in the morning, I can only think of writing when I'm finished. Games or anything similar are not even a temptation for me when I keep myself this busy with nothing but reading and writing.

I'm feeling good about, and happy with my routine. I hope it will continue to help me focus, and make me the writer I plan to be.

So, stay tuned. (I had to say that because of the title of this post.)

No comments: