Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt



Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Back in Denver

I got back in Denver on Sunday night, and have been a bit depressed about it ever since. It is now my mom's turn to experience Mexico, and so she is now in Mexico while my sister and I resume our lives in Denver, Colorado. Its been kind of interesting to have the house all to myself during the day, but I don't mind it. I've been spending a lot of time with my kitty cats and loving it, despite everything.

I haven't written since I got back, because I've been busy and quite frankly, not in the mood. I also just noticed that the last post is dated as Oct. 14, when really it was Oct. 18. I don't know why blogger does this when I use the laptop, but this isn't the first time, and it's really annoying. I meant to fix it, but it's too late now.

As for the rest of our stay in Mexico, it was nice. We spent the rest of the time in Guadalajara, shopping and sight-seeing. We also made a mini day trip to Lake Chapala a few hours before our flight was to take off to Denver, and it was nice. On Sundays, apparently, the place is packed with vendors and people enjoying the atmosphere of a lake town. I enjoyed it, and it truly made it harder to leave Mexico to see people so happy just simply hanging out as families.

The flight back to Denver was very bumpy most of the way. In fact, it was so bumpy and turbulent because of the weather in Colorado that I had to reach for one of those bags. Luckily, it was a false alarm, but I did feel sick all the same. We had no problems with customs or anything like that and we made it to the baggage carousel easily. My best friend in the whole wide world, Tracy, picked me and my sister up from the airport and brought us home. Life has been quiet around here, but it's a nice break from the usual house full of noisy people.

I am now on a search for Spanish courses, and looking forward to further visits to Mexico with a good grip on the language up my sleeve!

No comments: