Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt



Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Creating a green microcosm


Walmart is taking baby steps to being green, and though tiny, I like it a lot. Recycled Reusable bags from Walmart are now available for $1, and I gladly bought one today. They're black and simple with "Paper or Plastic? Neither" printed in a simple and clean font. They are very roomy-- they can hold enough stuff to fill up to 3 plastic bags-- and are durable. Not to mention that they are made out of recycled plastic soda bottles!

I'm not a tree hugger, and I don't think you have to be labeled as that to create a green microcosm for yourself. I express my concern by doing little green things here and there whenever I can, if nothing else, then to just reduce my footprint on the environment. Walmart's tote is a tiny effort, but saving up to 3 plastic bags is a lot of help when you multiply it by the amount of Walmart shoppers out there.

No comments: